Applications Open for TO Long Course Dev Team
– Triathlon Ontario Now Accepting Applications for its Long Course Development Team –
– 20% increase in funding support for 2017-2018 season –
November 14, 2017 – Triathlon Ontario, the recognized Provincial governing body of Multisport in Ontario, announced it is now accepting applications for its ground breaking Long Course Developmental Team until December 1st. Along with a 20% increase in funding support, Triathlon Ontario’s new Digital Media Specialist will work with each of the team members to help further enhance their profiles.
Last year, Triathlon Ontario announced that it had created an initiative to provide both financial and promotional support to up to three long course professionals of each gender who meet a stated criteria. The criteria was originally developed in consultation with three of Canada’s top professional long course professionals and Ontario natives, Cody Beals, Taylor Reid and Lionel Sanders.
The objective of the initiative is to provide increased exposure and limited financial support to the Province’s developing long course athletes, which will help to bridge the gap from new professional with little or no sponsorship, to well established professionals who are in a better position to succeed on and off the race course.
Athletes that are interested in being named to the Triathlon Ontario Long Course Development Team must meet the following criteria:
• Must have Triathlon Ontario designated Elite status in Long Course racing
• At least one podium (top three) overall finish in a Triathlon Ontario sanctioned long course race in the year of qualification
• Must be under 30 years of age as of December 31st of the funding year
• Must earn one of the following results – Within 8% of the overall winning time in athlete’s gender at one of the following events:
P-500 or greater ranked IRONMAN 70.3 event, or
P-2000 or greater ranked IRONMAN event or
Challenge Family event
ITU Long Distance World Championship
About Triathlon Ontario
Triathlon Ontario is a non-profit organization that is the recognized Provincial Governing Body for Multisport in the province of Ontario.
Our mission is to provide leadership and governance for the development of a safe and fair environment for Multisport in Ontario. Triathlon Ontario oversees the sanctioning of races and clubs and undertakes a number of duties and responsibilities on behalf of athletes at every level, coaches, clubs, officials and race directors to ensure the growth and development of the sport in a fun and safe way.
For more information please visit:
Follow us on Twitter: @TriOntario
Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/TriathlonOntario